First letter in a Trados segment always capitalises
Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:21
Swedish to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2010

I can't stop the first letter in a segment from capitalising when using WorkBench. This is both annoying and time-consuming to correct. I am using Trados 6.5 Freelance and Word 2003.

Many thanks!

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Trados or Word? Apr 20, 2010

This sounds to me like a Word problem, rather than a Trados one.

Does the same problem occur when you use TagEditor?

If the issue is in Word, you need to change the AutoCorrect settings, but unfortunately I don't have the right version any more to tell you where exactly.

Regards
Mary

Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:21
Italian to English
Thanks Mary! Apr 20, 2010

I was having the same problem as Stephen, but second that it is a Word problem and not to do with Trados; go to "Tools" then "Autocorrect" and uncheck "Capitalise first letter of sentence" (or thereabouts; I have the Italian version so I don't know what the English messages are. But it's there under your Autocorrect settings in Word.

Thanks Mary!

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Mary! Apr 20, 2010

Just a couple of clicks and problem solved! The path is Tools - AutoCorrect options - and untick the 'Capitalize first letter of sentences' option.

No need to buy myself a wig now!

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First letter in a Trados segment always capitalises

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search