Thread poster: Birthe Omark

Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:29
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
Apr 21, 2010

this is a probably a pretty basic question. Non the less I get stuck.

I have received a .idt fil and just that! I rarely work in SDLX, so I have been searching how to open the file.
Whenever I try to search for the file, the system asks for a .mdb file.

Can anybody kindly give me the pixy-book version?

I have also tried to open the file in TagEditor. It worked, but I couldn't save the file as bilingual. Is that normal, when I could open it allright?.

Kind regards,
Birthe

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:29
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
SDLX > Edit > Open file Apr 22, 2010

Hello Birthe,

simply open SDLX (the program, you do not mention which Trados version you use, but it is "shipped" with Trados since version 2006, in case you haven't installed it yet) and then clic on the Edit module. Once Edit is open, clic on "open file".

After that, open a TM (or create one).

Theoretically, you could "import the *.itd file into TaEditor" and translate it in TE, but I wouldn't do it, as I have noticed that sometimes tags are moved or the segmentation is modified.

Giuliana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open .idt file in SDLX?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search