Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:58
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2010

Dear all,

I will address my problem only partially as I don't want to damage the privacy of a potential client.

Herebelow an extract of the text:

Zwick Technische Dokumentation

How can I get rid of the codes? Is there an easy way to remove all these codes via project settings?
Could any of you describe it?

Thank you very much in advance,

PS: Maybe there was no need to give all these crowded codes, but, I can never know any code could be critical for the project setting.icon_razz.gif

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 15:58
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Tags in PageMaker Files Apr 22, 2010

Hi Binnur,

SDL Trados 2007 Files Formats Reference Guide is a good resource, it includes a special section on PageMaker tags as well. It is not a good idea to remove or even hide those tags (codes).

Selcuk

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Story Collector for PageMaker Apr 22, 2010

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren wrote:

How can I get rid of the codes? Is there an easy way to remove all these codes via project settings?

Hi Binnur,

Just to add to what Selcuk said. You need to open in TagEditor, save as ttx and then you can process through Studio. These look like an output from “Story Collector for PageMaker” and we have not continued with this old format in Studio.

Regards

Paul

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both Apr 22, 2010

Thank you Selçuk and Paul.

I will try your suggestions sometime next week and give you my feedback.

No need to say, I have declined the work for obvious reasons. Even though my client believed it was 28K words, my Trados was reporting me that the project was 88K words. Besides, codes included, it was hardly possible to see the fuzzy matches.

Thank you again for your assistance and cheers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 _ project settings for Text files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search