https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/163336-cant_open_any_files_in_trados.html

Can't Open ANY Files in Trados
Thread poster: MF Wade
MF Wade
MF Wade  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:00
French to English
Apr 22, 2010

I had a 30 day trial edition and it worked fine.

I just installed the SP2 and MultiTerm and now it won't let me open ANY files.

I uninstalled the previous edition prior to installation. I did the same thing I did when I installed in trial mode.

It won't even open the sample files that came with the program. It will open the sample package though so I can see the files are there.

I just gives me an error message.

Thanks,

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:00
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Mary Apr 22, 2010

Could you please provide more details? Would you like to use SP2 and Multiterm in trial mode for another 30 days? Do you have a licence?

Natalia

MF Wade
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem occurred when I purchased the product and stopped using trial Apr 22, 2010

I was using it in trial mode and it worked just fine.

The problem occurred when I bought the product, got a license and tried to use SP2 and Multiterm using my license.

Now that I just threw down the money, I can't use the product at all.

Ironic......

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:00
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Please... Apr 22, 2010

... open Studio, go to Help > About > Licence manager > View activated licences, and check what is displayed there. Do you see your licence there?

MF Wade
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
XMLException parsing XML documet from file Apr 23, 2010

My license was fine. It turns out that the installation files were copied into the wrong folder. SDL has a cure for it on there website:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=3169&r=0.6119264

Thanks though for the suggestions,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't Open ANY Files in Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »