Helle Blum
Estonia
Local time: 04:20
Member (2013)
German to Estonian
+ ...
Apr 24, 2010

Hello!

I'd be thankful for some help with this error. The advise from Support Team to delete the files BaseSettings.xml, Plugincache.xml and UserSettings.xml unfortunately didn't bring anything.

I did some reorders in my folders and deleted among others by mistake an SDL folder. Have restored it from Recycle Bin and after that the program doesn't open anymore. Does anybody know what could have happened and how to fix it?

Angry with myself...

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:20
English
Reinstall Apr 25, 2010

Hi Kamps,

Given we can't be sure what happened, despite you restoring the folder, I think the best approach would be to uninstall and reinstall the who program.

Regards

Paul

erothero  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:20
German to English
Failed to initialise editor view - SDL 2009 May 14, 2010

Hi

I've had this problem too and uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Don't know what to do - anyone got any ideas.... would be grateful for advice.

Son works in computers - it's right up his street this kind of thing - but he couldn't get it to work either ..........

Liz

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:20
English
If all else fails contact Support May 14, 2010

Hello,

The usual resolution to this when it happens is to delete the following files in C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0 and restart. If you are using Vista it will be C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\.

BaseSettings.xml
plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml

They will be recreated and it may help.

But if this doesn't work (and if you don't have a support contract) then you should contact Support using the solution finder like this;

http://talisma.sdl.com

Then go the the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I get an error message during installation.
- - I get another error message.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a (working) day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Maria Palma  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Spanish
+ ...
Failed to open files Jun 3, 2010

I bought a new laptop, with Windows 7 (32 bits). I installed Trados Studio 2009 SP2 but I cannot open any files. Instead I got the message Service "Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.IEditorSevice"could not be started.
When trying some commands I get "Failed to create setting page"
I tried already a bunch of solutions but nothing is working.
I contact the request service but I'm still waiting for an answer since Tuesday....

Maria Palma  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Spanish
+ ...
the solution that worked for me Jun 10, 2010

Support team contacted me (thank you Marina) and they found this solution:

Close Studio, then rename the following foders to [originalfoldername]_old:

1. Under Libraries\Documents\My Documents rename the folder "SDL Trados Studio" to "SDL Trados Studio_old"

2. Under C:\ProgramData rename the "SDL" folder to "SDL_old".

3. Under C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\ rename the SDL folder to SDL_old.

Then restart Studio

Alex Lilo
Ukraine
Local time: 04:20
English to Russian
+ ...
termbase viewer Jun 14, 2015

from personal experience: same error may occur in sdl trados studio 2014 (incl. SP2), especially if you change the default location of termbase viewer. sometimes, it is not easily resolved and may require a "full reset" (as described here http://goo.gl/5xyfHx).

my advice is to be careful when customizing your editor views and to always back up your data (such as the autotext list, etc.) before attempting the full reset.

apparently, the 'Failed to initialize editor view' and similar viewer errors have existed since version 2009 and haven't been fixed yet.

[Edited at 2015-06-14 17:00 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 error: Failed to initialize view 'Editor View'

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search