Charactor encoding lost after winalign file pair export to workbech format (ie txt)
Thread poster: Sushan Harshe

Sushan Harshe
India
Local time: 13:49
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 26, 2010

Hi,

After winalign process; I exported file pair for, workbench import.

When I opened the .txt in notepad I found that target font Unicode, lost encoding and it was garbage in target segment area.

I am using 2009 version.

Am I missing some settings?

Thanks in advance,

Sushan


 

Ahmed Manzoor
India
Local time: 13:49
Member (2013)
English to Urdu
+ ...
Export as TMX instead of TXT May 30, 2014

Simply save the translation memory as .tmx instead of .txt. It works!

You just have to follow the steps below:
After the alignment has been completed in WinAlign, go to Settings>Project>export> Check Translation Memory Exchange Format (TMX)

Saving as txt needs very tedious settings in windows.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Charactor encoding lost after winalign file pair export to workbech format (ie txt)

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search