Licence problem, error messages with Trados
Thread poster: Françoise AYZAC

Françoise AYZAC  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:29
English to French
Apr 26, 2010

Hi,

I am completely new to Trados and under pressure with a big new project.
When I open the XLF.ttx file to translate, I get the following error message: "Les langues de travail de la mémoire de traduction ouverte sont différentes de celles du document. Toute interaction avec Translator's workbench sera désactivée" tant que vous n'aurez pas ouvert une mémoire de traduction appropriée".

So I tried and open my client's memory TM_ENGFRE.tmw and get another error message: "Erreur lors de la tentative de vérification de la licence. La version freelance de Translator workbench va se fermer".

Could you please advice, I am stuck with this urgent job!
Many thanks in advance
Françoise

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
German to Serbian
+ ...
A possibility. Apr 26, 2010

Based on the indicators you've presented, it may be possible that you had overused your license activation and now need to reactivate it sending a request to Trados support ( it's a process with application, etc).

Have you had any OS re-installations lately which forced you to reactivate your license several times? If yes, then you might have locked the license, and now need to contact Trados support for help. You will have to follow the route from your Trados account to contact them..

Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
According to my experience Apr 26, 2010

Hi Françoise,
As per the first error, I would check the language codes (source/target) of the TTX file against those of the TM.

As per the second error, this happened to me when I clicked on the TWB icon while it was already running.

Françoise AYZAC  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Laurent and Lingua 5B Apr 26, 2010

Thanks for your quick answers. Apparently this licence issue was a totally irrational problem... it all works fine again without me doing anything special about it! Thanks again for beoing so helpful;
Françoise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licence problem, error messages with Trados

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search