Workbench 7.5.0.759 (Build 759) - What do I actually use?
Thread poster: Helga Humlova

Helga Humlova  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Apr 26, 2010

Hi,

since SDL Support isn´t helpful at all I hope you guys here have answers to my questions.

I have a variety of issues:

a) Is Workbench 7.5.0.759 (Build 759) actually Trados 2006 or a "pre"version of Trados 2007

b) Back in 2008 I purchased the upgrade to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance (which actually seems to say in the Workbench 2008 - don´t know, because I never installed it, just wanted to have the upgrade). And exactly for this reason I never realized, that I do not have a softkey licence for this. Now I intended to try an installation and found out...

c) How long does it usually take Trados Support to react on Requests?
My desktop crashed two weeks ago and therefore I lost the Softlicence key for the Workbench 7.5.0.759 (Build 759) on this desktop. I made a Request.... and nothing..... I inquired again and got the answer that they had sent me an email with a form for me to confirm I lost the licence because of a computer crash. I never received this email and inquired again. Answer: it probably has gone to your Spam folder. Have a look there. Well, it hasn´t and I asked them to resend this email. Nothing happend... Today I sent a new reminder that the issue has not yet been resolved. Have not yet heard back.

d) I have heard that Trados 2007 (which apparently in the Workbench says Trados 2008) can be run on Win 7 (x32). Is that true? I also heard that Trados 2006 is even better running on Win 7.
Both with small Work-arounds available on the net.

Thanks in advance for enlightening me

Helga

Direct link Reply with quote

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 22:54
English to Portuguese
Some answers... Apr 26, 2010

Hi Helga

There you go:

a) Nope, Workbench VERSION 7.x is part of "Trados 2006". "Trados 2007" has Workbench version 8. Trados 2007 latest version has Workbench 8 build 863. You see, Workbench 6, 7 or 8 refers to that specific software version, and "Trados 2006" and "2007" are the product names, the whole packages comprising Workbench, TagEditor, WinAlign etc...

b) There is no "Workbench 2008", but Workbench VERSION 8.x, part of the product "Trados 2007";

c) I have always received feedback within 24 hours. Keep on trying. Anyway, when I ask for an answer, I always attach a copy of the invoice of my purchase... Not that I have been instructed for that, but it helps to avoid any delays caused by checking if my product is OK etc;

d) Trados 2007 works on XP, Vista and Windows 7 32-bit. Trados 2007 latest version and Studio SP1 (and SP2, of course) work on 64-bit versions of these OS.

"Trados 2006 is even better running on Win 7": I don't think this is correct, but I left Trados 2006 as soon as I got Trados 2007, so I cannot assure that.

By the way, if you have the license for Trados 2007, why on Earth you're stuck at 2006? The interface is the same!!!!

Cheers

Edric

[Edited at 2010-04-26 21:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench 7.5.0.759 (Build 759) - What do I actually use?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search