Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:02
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 27, 2010

I am working on a laptop with attached external monitor, laptop is on the left and I use it as secondary monitor, External one is on the right and that's where I have the taskbar. Since yesterday (I think after I detached plugged in monitor) Studio moved to laptop's monitor, but I see it only when Studio's window is maximized. When I try to change the size of the window to move it to my main monitor Studio disappears altogether somewhere beyond screens.

I am already using maximum resolution so I cannot change resolution to enlarge screen space.

Any help will be greatly appreciatedicon_smile.gif

Stanislaw

Eduardo García Soñanes
Mexico
Local time: 18:02
English to Spanish
Reset your screen settings and set your dual monitor again Apr 27, 2010

Hello Stanislaw,

You can try the following:

Go to your screen settings by right-clicking anywhere on your desktop. The name of the option will vary according to your OS version and language. When you're in the screen settings window, look for the section where you see the dual monitor configuration. You will find a drop-down list. In that drop-down list, select the monitor that lets you clear the "Extend Desktop to this monitor" checkbox. That shall do it. Accept the confirmation and you should have your desktop with all its windows back on your laptop. Now you can set your dual monitor configuration again as you like.

Hope this helps
Eduardo

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:02
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try Ultramon Apr 27, 2010

Hi Stanislaw,

Another option is using a third-party multiple monitor manager. I like Ultramon, you can create profiles that you can activate easily to switch between one, two or more monitors, plus the ability to have a taskbar on each monitor. I use it with my dual monitor setup on a desktop computer, but it should work with a laptop as well.

Best of luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to move Studio 2009 to the right monitor

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search