trados workbench 6.5 and "invalid rtf format" error 352533648
Thread poster: eirinn

eirinn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:44
English to French
+ ...
Dec 15, 2003

does anybody get this? wondering if it has to do with office 2000? I thought it was due to complicated formatted word file, but I got it on a basic word file with no format, just courrier new.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Reorganise, probably recreate TM Dec 15, 2003

Hi "eirinn",
"Invalid RTF format" usually refers to the TM, not the document you're working on.

Try reorganising your TM - if that doesn't help, export it, create a new TM and import.

HTH, Ralf

eirinn  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok Dec 15, 2003

I'll try that next time (it just happened and I sorted it out with several closings and openings). The weird thing is that it happened to 2 different TM. I'll let you know, I am sure it's going to happen again.

Sorry, I remember that I did try the import/export, and that didn't help. Will try reorganising next time.

[Edited at 2003-12-15 21:37]

hschl  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
this just happend to me... Mar 13, 2006

since this string is a few years old, I am wondering if there was ever any solution to this? I tried the reorganising and export/import as well....

Thanks,

Henrik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados workbench 6.5 and "invalid rtf format" error 352533648

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search