Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:41
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2003

Hi,
I have a problem. I have trados 6 and I am not able to create a multiterm. I received a file of multiterm created with trados 3 and I can't import it. It gives me an runtime error. How I can solve the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details required Dec 16, 2003

Hi Valentina,
First of all, I have moved your thread to the Trados Support forum.

Which version exactly of MultiTerm are you using? What file(s) did you receive (it's the extensions we need to know, not the file name)?

Best regards, Ralf

Valentina Cafiero
Italy
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The version is 6 (trados) and the file extention is .mtw Dec 16, 2003

Valentina77 wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. I have trados 6 and I am not able to create a multiterm. I received a file of multiterm created with trados 3 and I can't import it. It gives me an runtime error. How I can solve the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sorry... Dec 16, 2003

...but that's only part of the info I was looking for...

The version is 6 (trados)

Can you please check the exact version of MultiTerm you're using? Go to Help - About MultiTerm: we need to know the full version number, e.g. "MultiTerm 6.2.0.267 (Build 267)".

and the file extension is .mtw

You cannot import an .mtw file - you need a .txt export for that. Alternatively, you could open the .mtw file, but (1) .mtw is the file format that was supported until MultiTerm 5.5 - this won't work with MultiTermiX. (2) the .mtw file on its own is not enough - you need several files with the same name and different extensions (.mdf, .mta, .mtf).

HTH, Ralf

Valentina Cafiero
Italy
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
6.0.2.231 (build 238) Dec 17, 2003

The version is 6.0.2.231 (build 238). How can I go on?
Thanks a lot,

Valentina

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...but that's only part of the info I was looking for...

The version is 6 (trados)

Can you please check the exact version of MultiTerm you're using? Go to Help - About MultiTerm: we need to know the full version number, e.g. "MultiTerm 6.2.0.267 (Build 267)".

and the file extension is .mtw

You cannot import an .mtw file - you need a .txt export for that. Alternatively, you could open the .mtw file, but (1) .mtw is the file format that was supported until MultiTerm 5.5 - this won't work with MultiTermiX. (2) the .mtw file on its own is not enough - you need several files with the same name and different extensions (.mdf, .mta, .mtf).

HTH, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Incompatible versions Dec 17, 2003

Hi again,
Valentina77 wrote:

The version is 6.0.2.231 (build 238). How can I go on?

This means that you're using MultiTerm iX - therefore, you cannot open an .mtw database (even if you had the full set of files - do you?).

The version of MTiX you're using has been replaced with the so-called "Summer 2003 Service Release" (see this article from the Trados Knowledge Base for details). This also includes MultiTerm Convert, a multi-format import/export tool that will allow you to create a MTiX-compatible termbase using .mtw data. (Still, you'll need all files associated with the .mtw database.)

Your version of MTiX also contains an import tool; if you're in a rush, you can try converting the data this way; but it's definitely worth upgrading to Build 267. Contact your local Trados office for download details - should be available free of charge.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6 multiterm

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »