Studio 2009 - Multiterm search upper/lower case problem
Thread poster: Tapsa

Tapsa
Local time: 13:26
English to Finnish
Apr 29, 2010

I'm not sure when this started to happen, but I started to notice it a few weeks ago.

I have ten to twenty Multiterm termbases with about 100000-150000 source terms and about 500000 target terms (in this case, the size does not matter, except for my ego;-) collected during many years.

*Previously* the search (I mean the automatic search while translating) did not care if the term in termbase (or the search term) started with upper or lower case letter.

Now, the search for a term stops after finding first match, whether in upper or lower case.

So, I may have the term "strength", which in lower case means what it means in Finnish, but in upper case there is a match, e.g. in Photoshop terminology. The search stops after finding the first hit.

Please, don't advise me to combine upper and lower case terms under only one term. It is like going back to stone age with only one stone.

And yes, all termbases are checked for search (the problem exisits even inside one and only termbase).

[Edited at 2010-04-29 22:51 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-04-29 22:56 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - Multiterm search upper/lower case problem

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search