International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Studio 2009 - Multiterm search upper/lower case problem
Thread poster: Tapsa

Tapsa
Local time: 18:24
English to Finnish
Apr 29, 2010

I'm not sure when this started to happen, but I started to notice it a few weeks ago.

I have ten to twenty Multiterm termbases with about 100000-150000 source terms and about 500000 target terms (in this case, the size does not matter, except for my ego;-) collected during many years.

*Previously* the search (I mean the automatic search while translating) did not care if the term in termbase (or the search term) started with upper or lower case letter.

Now, the search for a term stops after finding first match, whether in upper or lower case.

So, I may have the term "strength", which in lower case means what it means in Finnish, but in upper case there is a match, e.g. in Photoshop terminology. The search stops after finding the first hit.

Please, don't advise me to combine upper and lower case terms under only one term. It is like going back to stone age with only one stone.

And yes, all termbases are checked for search (the problem exisits even inside one and only termbase).

[Edited at 2010-04-29 22:51 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-04-29 22:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - Multiterm search upper/lower case problem

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search