Thread poster: Dace Dzene

Dace Dzene
Latvia
Local time: 17:54
English to Latvian
+ ...
Apr 30, 2010

Dear colleagues,
I have a problem and I hope someone can help me with it. I have received a xml file for translation. I understand that I need to make it into ttx to translate it in tag editor but the program asks for the ini file which I do not have. What can I do about it if I do not have an ini file.
Looking forward to your replies as soon as possible.
Thank you very much in advance.

Alejandro Garcia-Quismondo Cartes  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:54
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Defult ini file or client-provided Apr 30, 2010

Dear Dace,

Trados Workbench includes standard ini files that you can use with xml files. You can check them in TagEditor - Tools - Tag Settings. In case that TagEditor still informs that corresponding ini file cannot be found when trying to open translation file, then you must ask your client to provide a specific ini file for that project/file. This is quite usual when working with xml/html files.

I hope that this helps.

Alejandro

Alexey Oparin
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:54
English to Russian
Quite common Apr 30, 2010

If Alejandro's advice doesn't work, try to create .INI file of your own (based on that obstinate file you'd received). It is not very hard and gives you even more power over your soft. Process of creation is described in the Help system of TagEditor, rather detailed and comprehensive.

[Редактировалось 2010-04-30 13:29 GMT]

[Редактировалось 2010-04-30 13:29 GMT]

[Редактировалось 2010-04-30 13:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML file translation with Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search