Workbench not recognizing terms from Multiterm db
Thread poster: gauri tembe

gauri tembe
Japanese to English
May 2, 2010

I have a large terminology database in Excel format. After much effort I have been able to import the terms into MT. However, I am unable to use the automated terminology recognition function for this particular MT database after the import was done.

I did a few tests. One of which was to create a database entering few terms directly. The termbase gets linked to Workbench without any issues. The moment I imported some terms into this database (using MS Excel - MT covert) it stopped working with workbench. that is, the automated terminology recognition fuction didnt work. If I select a term in WB and right click and ask for search in MT it will show me the term in a new window.

I am using Trados 2007 and MT 7 and Word 2007 (saved files as 97-2003 compatible) and Windows 7

I would appreciate it if someone can help.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench not recognizing terms from Multiterm db

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search