Trados Licence Manager has stopped working (2007)
Thread poster: Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 02:17
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
May 2, 2010

Dear fellow prozians ..

Please can somebody help me with the following problem, which I do not see described anywhere:

All my Tradsos elements have stopped working! (TW Freelance - 2007).
I have repaired normal.dotm & trados8.dotm and refreshed in the file in the STARTUP menu. There I have 2 trados8.dotm files: One macros enabled (!) & one macros not enabled.

The Word add-on list shows trados8.dotm & trados_2.dotm, which both point to the above fold
... See more
Dear fellow prozians ..

Please can somebody help me with the following problem, which I do not see described anywhere:

I have repaired normal.dotm & trados8.dotm and refreshed in the file in the STARTUP menu. There I have 2 trados8.dotm files: One macros enabled (!) & one macros not enabled.

The Word add-on list shows trados8.dotm & trados_2.dotm, which both point to the above folder.

I have tried to de-activate the add-ons and to remove them .. but they obstinately stick in the list.

The solution in SDL Knowledgebase is, that I have 2 instances running on 2 computers in a network. I have licenced on 2 computers, but I do not run them at the same time.

I would have returned the licence on the problem computer, but even licence manager does not work.

(I have had runtime error 5853 on Word - that is solved now) but there are still irregularities.

Please, SDL-Support, can you help.

Kind regards,
Birthe
Collapse

Stuart Robertson
Stuart Robertson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:17
Dutch to English
+ ...
similar problem resolved(?) Jun 10, 2010

Make sure you have both Trados and Word closed to begin with. Go to the STARTUP folder and remove the trados.dotm file that is NOT macro-enabled. Only the macro-enabled file is required.

The Word add-on list shows trados8.dotm & trados_2.dotm, which both point to the above folder.

I have tried to de-activate the add-ons and to remove them .. but they obstinately stick in the list.

Does the trados_2.dotm file relate to the fact that you have "...2 instances running on 2 computers in a network"?

If not, then I presume that removing the non-macro-enabled .dotm file may remove the trados_2 add-in.

(I have had runtime error 5853 on Word - that is solved now) but there are still irregularities.

After doing the above, try opening Microsoft Word again. If the toolbar is still not there, go to Word Options > Add-ins and try re-enabling the trados8.dotm file. After that restart Word.

When I restarted word, I received the runtime error 5853. I ignored it by clicking End, as I couldn't find the solution like you did. After that, my Trados toolbar was back and appears to be functioning normally.

Hopefully this works for you too. If not, I'm not entirely sure how to resolve your problem, but SDL Support replied to another thread (that I have been unable to find again) with a link to an article on the SDL Knowledge Base that explained how to edit the registry to resolve the problem. Maybe you can try that if all else fails?

Loise
Loise
France
French to Chinese
+ ...
runtime error 5853 Nov 3, 2011

Hello,
May I have your kind suggestions about how to fix the runtime error 5853? Actually, after translating a very difficult text in Trados a few days ago, the message of runtime error 5853 shows up on Word everytime when it is open. Even though Word can run normally after clicking the "end" button on the message box, I must say that it is quite annoying to see the message showing up everyday. And also my clients complain that the files I send cannot work correctly. So I wonder if the ru
... See more
Hello,
May I have your kind suggestions about how to fix the runtime error 5853? Actually, after translating a very difficult text in Trados a few days ago, the message of runtime error 5853 shows up on Word everytime when it is open. Even though Word can run normally after clicking the "end" button on the message box, I must say that it is quite annoying to see the message showing up everyday. And also my clients complain that the files I send cannot work correctly. So I wonder if the runtime error 5853 could cause some word file damage. Thank you!
Collapse

Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Try to run a 'repair' .. it sometimes works Nov 3, 2011

Hi Loise,
I am sorry to admit that I don't remember wow I solved it then in connection with word files.
But as late as today I had (again and again) a 'runtime error ..' when wanting to save a Tag.
What I did today was to repair the file (from the control panel) as I think that some general updates can upset the good functioning of Trados.

Anyway. It worked for me and it is an easy operation.

Kind regards,
Birthe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Licence Manager has stopped working (2007)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »