Problem with the target/source side of a file
Thread poster: H Barrett

H Barrett
English to French
May 3, 2010

I'm working on an English to French project in Studio 2009 and somehow I have managed to put the French translation into the English side of the file* but when I look at the target language file the right hand column (target) remains empty and the TM hasn't been updated.

I'm sorry if this makes little sense but I have no idea what has happened ...

*When you click on "Files" in the bottom left corner you can change from the target to the source language side of the file by clicking on the drop-down menu in the top left.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:36
English
You're right. Makes little sense, but... May 5, 2010

Hi H,

I'm not sure, but here's what I can guess.

You have clicked on the source language in the top left and opened the doucment. This would show the left hand column full and the right hand empty
You are using Project Translation Memory and have looked at your Main Translation Memory before you have finalised the Project so the contents of the Project Translation Memory have not been updated into the Main one yet.

If this is correct, then you need to click on the target language from the top of the left hand menu, and (presuming you are finished) then either run the Finalise batch task, or just the Update Main Translation Memories batch task and this will update your main memory. A quick check is to right click on the Project itself in the Studio Projects View and select Open Project Folder. In here you should see a Folder called Tm. In here, if you are using Project TM's you will see a TM with a similar name to your Main TM. Open this in Studio and you should see whatever you have tranlsated in there.

Of course if I have completely misread what you meant then this could be complete nonsense. If so, can you be a little more specific?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with the target/source side of a file

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search