Studio 2009 finalizes file but in source language
Thread poster: Lucia Boccadoro

Lucia Boccadoro
Italy
Local time: 00:52
English
May 7, 2010

I received 5 .INX files (CS2) and translated all of them without any problem whatsoever in Studio 2009. I finalized the translated files and all of them -but one- show a perfect translation when checking the files in InDesign.

One file gives me a strange problem. I give Trados the instruction to finalize the file and it seems to work - no error messages at all. But after opening this file in InDesign it still in the source language (English) instead of the target (Italian). Only the last page is in the target language.

I must add that I'm a relatively new user of Trados Studio 2009, I don't know all its functionalities yet. I'm wondering if I just did something wrong because of my inexperience with the program or if perhaps the file is corrupt (but how strange since the other files work fine and I didn't get any errors).

Who knows what might have happened here?

Edwin

Direct link Reply with quote

Lucia Boccadoro
Italy
Local time: 00:52
English
TOPIC STARTER
I found the solution May 7, 2010

I've found out myself what the problem is.

I just opened the original INDD file (before conversion to INX) in InDesign and noticed that apart from the text on the last page, all the other text can't be modified. That's why Trados could extract the text from the last page but didn't 'see' the text on the other pages. It's as if there wasn't any other text.

I hope I explained myself.

Edwin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 finalizes file but in source language

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search