INdex deletion in trados ?
Thread poster: morfeuss
May 9, 2010

hi all,
is it possible to disable the source language as hidden texts in trados?
also when i cleaned my file, it cleaned also the index in "word" so my index disapeared...

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:22
English to Czech
+ ...
Work in TagEditor May 10, 2010

Hello,
I suggest that you always use TagEditor for files that contain any cross references, such as TOC or index. It's usually much safer.

As regards disabling the source text when using Word as the editing environment, go to Tools > Options > View tab and ucheck the "Hidden text" checkfield. That should help. Also, I suggest that you first search this forum first: it's the fastest way to an answer.icon_smile.gif

morfeuss
TOPIC STARTER
Copy format May 10, 2010

Thanks for the reply, i was searching, but i thought that the hidden texts could be eliminated completely without having to clean the document.
Also if i hide the hidden texts, and i copy the format of the translated texts, it uses the format and colouring of the hidden texts....

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:22
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you translate index entries properly? May 10, 2010

If you did, then either you just need to actualize the index - select the part of the document, where it previously has been located and press F9 - or recreate it simply.
Trados does not remove or destroy index entries on its own. This has never happened to me in the past.
But if you follow Stanislav's advice you will be on the safe and winning side.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INdex deletion in trados ?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search