Thread poster: Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:16
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 10, 2010

Can anyone help with an issue which has arisen just today with TagEditor unexpectedly crashing. I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007 to solve one problem and ended up with a worse one.

According to SDL Knowldege Base, this error message often relates to the absence of Arial in the Source & Target Font list in the Workbench's translation memory set-up. I've checked, and Arial IS there. I can't open the ttx file I was working on earlier today before I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007. I've just tr
... See more
Can anyone help with an issue which has arisen just today with TagEditor unexpectedly crashing. I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007 to solve one problem and ended up with a worse one.

According to SDL Knowldege Base, this error message often relates to the absence of Arial in the Source & Target Font list in the Workbench's translation memory set-up. I've checked, and Arial IS there. I can't open the ttx file I was working on earlier today before I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007. I've just tried setting up a dummy test excel file and cannot open that either, and Excel then crashes as well.

If I try opening old ttx files from February (stored on a USB stick) in TagEditor, it works. I'm horribly confused as to what has happened. Cheers. Chris.
Collapse

imatahan
imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try control panel May 10, 2010

Go to add and remove prorams and ask to repair Microsoft Office

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Error 80005

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »