TagEditor Error 80005
Thread poster: Chris Dawe

Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:26
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 10, 2010

Can anyone help with an issue which has arisen just today with TagEditor unexpectedly crashing. I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007 to solve one problem and ended up with a worse one.

According to SDL Knowldege Base, this error message often relates to the absence of Arial in the Source & Target Font list in the Workbench's translation memory set-up. I've checked, and Arial IS there. I can't open the ttx file I was working on earlier today before I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007. I've just tried setting up a dummy test excel file and cannot open that either, and Excel then crashes as well.

If I try opening old ttx files from February (stored on a USB stick) in TagEditor, it works. I'm horribly confused as to what has happened. Cheers. Chris.

imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try control panel May 10, 2010

Go to add and remove prorams and ask to repair Microsoft Office

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Error 80005

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search