TagEditor Error 80005
Thread poster: Chris Dawe

Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:01
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 10, 2010

Can anyone help with an issue which has arisen just today with TagEditor unexpectedly crashing. I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007 to solve one problem and ended up with a worse one.

According to SDL Knowldege Base, this error message often relates to the absence of Arial in the Source & Target Font list in the Workbench's translation memory set-up. I've checked, and Arial IS there. I can't open the ttx file I was working on earlier today before I uninstalled MicroSoft 2007. I've just tried setting up a dummy test excel file and cannot open that either, and Excel then crashes as well.

If I try opening old ttx files from February (stored on a USB stick) in TagEditor, it works. I'm horribly confused as to what has happened. Cheers. Chris.

Direct link Reply with quote

imatahan  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try control panel May 10, 2010

Go to add and remove prorams and ask to repair Microsoft Office

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Error 80005

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search