Multiterm Extract License NOT included in SDL Trados Freelance 2007?
Thread poster: Verena Schmidt

Verena Schmidt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:39
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 10, 2010

Hi all,

That's basically my question. I have bought SDL Trados Freelance 2007 (certification starter pack, TGB) two years ago and never used Multiterm. Now I need Multiterm Extract for a new project and it only runs in demo mode as there is "no valid license". I have done some research regarding this issue and found some useful treads, but they seem to concern older Trados versions:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/38670-multiterm_extract:_no_valid_license_was_found_multiterm_extract_runs_in_demo_mode.html

That's what I found using the SDL Knowledge base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/_index1.aspx?tab=opt1&r=0.4255189

I have exactly the symptoms described in the above link (all MT components working excpt MT Extract).

Am I right, that this applies to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance as well and I have to buy a separate license?

That's quite confusing because SDL Multiterm 2007 was included in SDL Trados 2007 when I bought it and they did not make any exceptions.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Multiterm is included, MT Extract is (and always was) an additional extra licence May 10, 2010

It is correct - MuliTerm extract is and has always been sold separately. It is neither part of Trados Freelance nor Trados Professional.
So if you really need to extract terminology prior to start a translation project, then you need to buy the licence for MT Extract.
If you instead just need the terminology database, then simply use MultiTerm 2007, which is supplied free of charge with all Trados versions, so with your Freelance tooicon_wink.gif

[Edited at 2010-05-10 17:27 GMT]

Verena Schmidt  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jerzy, that was quick ;-) May 10, 2010

I really have to extract the terminology, so MultiTerm 2007 won't really help.

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Verena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Extract License NOT included in SDL Trados Freelance 2007?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search