https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/170540-translation_memory_cannot_be_accessed.html

Translation memory cannot be accessed
Thread poster: Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:21
French to Finnish
+ ...
May 11, 2010

Hi, I just installed Trados 7 Freelance on my laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium. During installation I chose 5 languages: English, Finnish, French, German and Swedish. But when I'm trying to open a language memory, I cannot select the language I want. There is a message: The translation memory EN-FI cannot be accessed because it uses languages which were not selected during installation. And when I try to create a new memory, on the available languages list I can only see arabic, chinese e... See more
Hi, I just installed Trados 7 Freelance on my laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium. During installation I chose 5 languages: English, Finnish, French, German and Swedish. But when I'm trying to open a language memory, I cannot select the language I want. There is a message: The translation memory EN-FI cannot be accessed because it uses languages which were not selected during installation. And when I try to create a new memory, on the available languages list I can only see arabic, chinese etc. first languages in alphabetic order, which I totally did not choose during installation. I already reinstalled Trados a few times, but I still cannot choose the languages I want. I don't know what to do anymore, I never saw this before. Thanks for any advice!Collapse

Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:21
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is it because of the Windows 7? May 13, 2010

To quote this thread:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/157220-trados_2007_and_windows_7.html

Where Luisa wrote:
"Hi Paula,

I contacted the Italian reseller of Trados and they got this answer from SDL:

«I can confirm that SDL Trados 2007 Suite will run on Windows 7 and is fully c
... See more
To quote this thread:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/157220-trados_2007_and_windows_7.html

Where Luisa wrote:
"Hi Paula,

I contacted the Italian reseller of Trados and they got this answer from SDL:

«I can confirm that SDL Trados 2007 Suite will run on Windows 7 and is fully compatible.

Please note that only SDL Trados 2007 Suite is compatible on 64-bit versions of Windows 7. Therefore, if you are using the 64-bit version, please check that you are installing SDL Trados 2007 Suite.»

But I am using Trados 7 Freelance. Is that different than Trados 2007 Suite then? Is there no solution for this really? I am using 64-bit operating system also.

Any comments are welcome!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory cannot be accessed

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »