How can I get the Multiterm menu back in Word 2007?
Thread poster: Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:17
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 12, 2010

At some point after upgrading to Studio SP2 the Multiterm menu disappeared from Word 2007. I have done a search for the template but can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kjersti Farrier
Kjersti Farrier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:17
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Other forum entry which may help... May 13, 2010

... http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/93329-solution_for_missing_trados_multiterm_toolbars_in_word_2007_on_windows_vista-.html

You may have Multiterm 8 so obviously the file names/directories may be somewhat different.

Hope that it is of some help - Good luck!... See more
... http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/93329-solution_for_missing_trados_multiterm_toolbars_in_word_2007_on_windows_vista-.html

You may have Multiterm 8 so obviously the file names/directories may be somewhat different.

Hope that it is of some help - Good luck!
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't help... May 13, 2010

Thank you Kjersti, I've tried these steps and they haven't helped. For some reason the Multiterm8.dotm file is not in my system at all.

I'm running Windows 7, by the way, in case that helps at all.

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! May 13, 2010

I finally found the file. In case it helps anyone, for Windows 7, 64 bit, these are the paths:

The template is at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm8\Templates

And it should be pasted into:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Start

You should then enable the template as an add-in in Word 2007 by going to Word Options - Add Ins - Manage - Templates. Once there check the Multiterm8.dotm checkbox.

... See more
I finally found the file. In case it helps anyone, for Windows 7, 64 bit, these are the paths:

The template is at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm8\Templates

And it should be pasted into:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Start

You should then enable the template as an add-in in Word 2007 by going to Word Options - Add Ins - Manage - Templates. Once there check the Multiterm8.dotm checkbox.

That did it for me!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I get the Multiterm menu back in Word 2007?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »