Thread poster: caroline FR

caroline FR  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:52
Spanish to French
+ ...
May 13, 2010

Hi:

That's my first time in this forum and I expect I will be clear enough so that my troubles are understandable (English is just a passive language for me). French and Spanish are my languages.
I've been through various posted issues, but I haven´t seen anything about my problem.

I hope anyone of you can suggest me some idea about how to solve it.

The problem is that when I try to reorganize any of my TMs, it appears a box on my screen mentioning that TWB has stopped running owing to some reasons and I have to close the programme at once. The result is I just can't do it.

I have noticed as well that on closing any of the memories which has been opened to work with, when restarting my work TM which systematically reopens is the general one, that's to say the largest one. I don't know whwther both issues are connected with, but I really don't know how to manage with it.

I don't know if the problem is directly connected with Trados or with my computer. So far, I havent any problems in cleaning, analysing documents and so on.

Should I desinstall (returning my license previously) and reinstall everything or is there anything else I could do before deinstalling ?

Thank you for your help.

Caroline

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
do you have May 13, 2010

any antivirus system enabled? Maybe Kaspersky?

Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kaspersky Antivirus and MT May 13, 2010

Sure, I do use antivirus Kaspersky. What's the matter about it?
Thanks
Caroline

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:52
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Does it happens also in new TMs? May 13, 2010

Make a new small TM, by cleaning a file into a new TM, for example, and try to re-organize.

If it works with no error, export the problematic TMs, create new ones, and import to them.

BTW, it is always recommended to export your TMs from time to time for backup purposes.

HTH

Yossi

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Kaspersky... May 13, 2010

conflicts with the reorganizing/maintenance operations of Trados, see:
http://www.proz.com/forum.php/sdl_trados_support/149075-windows_7_64bit_and_trados_2007_2009_does_it_work-page3.html

Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DOESN'T WORK EITHER May 13, 2010

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

Make a new small TM, by cleaning a file into a new TM, for example, and try to re-organize.

If it works with no error, export the problematic TMs, create new ones, and import to them.

BTW, it is always recommended to export your TMs from time to time for backup purposes.

HTH

Yossi

I've been trying it but no way, it is still failing!
Caroline

Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still failing May 13, 2010

Zoltán Kulcsár wrote:

conflicts with the reorganizing/maintenance operations of Trados, see:
http://www.proz.com/forum.php/sdl_trados_support/149075-windows_7_64bit_and_trados_2007_2009_does_it_work-page3.html

Thank you for the link.
I've been reading all the threads and in spite of following the instructions about how to do it with Kaspersky, it still doesn't work!

Caroline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7.0 TM reorganization systematic failure

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search