No match, although identical sentences
Thread poster: stecc

stecc
Local time: 10:44
English to Italian
+ ...
May 13, 2010

Hi,
I'm having problems in using Trados Translator's Workbench. I received a TM from a client and imported it in Trados. Now I'm trying to use it for my translation, but it always shows "No match!". The fact is that I am sure, absolutely sure, that the tm and the text to be translated contain identical sentences. This is happening only with this TM, I have tried with other TMs and they work perfectly. I can't understand what's the problem. In the past I have already worked with TMs from the same client and they worked.
(I have already told the client, an agency, and they say other translators can work with that TM)
I hope you ca help me

thanks
stefania

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Correct language pair? May 13, 2010

Minimum match value setting not to high?
Does concordance show any entries?
Does the TM contain any entries?

[Edited at 2010-05-13 14:27 GMT]

Mark Cole  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:44
Polish to English
+ ...
Try importing into a new TM May 13, 2010

I've been having this problem as well. A possible solution would be to create a new TM and then to import the client's TM into your new one, and see if that works.

I've also been having a problem with language codes; my Trados won't recognise English as one of my languages (!!), so I have to "pretend" I'm translating into another language. So when I get a client's TM, I open the exported .txt file in Word, and search and replace all the target language descriptors (e.g. EN-US) to some other language (in my case DE-AT). I then import this "new" TM into my working TM, and all the TU's magically appear.

To clarify, in the .txt file, if it originally said:

neue Einladung
new invitation

it now says

neue Einladung
new invitation

(I set my TM to be from German (Germany) to German (Austrian), but it seems to have done the trick for m3)

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:44
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Reirganize the translation memory May 13, 2010

It might work.

Regards

Clarisa

stecc
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM: a real mystery May 13, 2010

Dear Mark,
I read your suggestion and I thought: this is absurd!
Then I tried ... and now my TM works perfectly.

thanks thanks thanks

stefania

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No match, although identical sentences

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search