Thread poster: Guerric

Guerric
France
Local time: 17:23
English to French
+ ...
May 14, 2010

Hi,

I have translated five documents, some large, with graphs, textboxes, and a lot of formatting crap.
I encountered errors many times during my translation (within Word) and now, I can't find a way to clean them up.
If I try to clean the .doc, I get a "(87) Incorrect parameter".
If I tick the box "XML workflow for .doc files", it runs for two seconds then says "can't process as TTX because the file was saved as bilingual in Word".
If I try to convert as .rtf, I get the "(87) Incorrect parameter". with or without the "XML workflow" boxes ticked.
My version is 7.1.0.719

I tried to copy and paste everything in a new document without success.

Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers.

Direct link Reply with quote

docktrans
English to German
Clean-up May 14, 2010

Hi,

in Microsoft Word, choose "Makros" in menu "Tools". Subsequently choose makro "TW4Win.Clean.Main". This makro cleans the text from all "TRADOS elements".

Guerric
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solution May 14, 2010

I solved the problem by uninstalling everything, installing a newer Trados in trial edition, and using the macro "tw...Clean main" inside Word.

That might have worked without the two hours of repetitive setup/reboot...but I did not know the trick at that time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem cleaning up Word files.

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search