Thread poster: Guerric Leroux

Guerric Leroux
France
Local time: 00:23
English to French
+ ...
May 14, 2010

Hi,

I have translated five documents, some large, with graphs, textboxes, and a lot of formatting crap.
I encountered errors many times during my translation (within Word) and now, I can't find a way to clean them up.
If I try to clean the .doc, I get a "(87) Incorrect parameter".
If I tick the box "XML workflow for .doc files", it runs for two seconds then says "can't process as TTX because the file was saved as bilingual in Word".
If I try to convert as .rtf, I get the "(87) Incorrect parameter". with or without the "XML workflow" boxes ticked.
My version is 7.1.0.719

I tried to copy and paste everything in a new document without success.

Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers.

docktrans
English to German
Clean-up May 14, 2010

Hi,

in Microsoft Word, choose "Makros" in menu "Tools". Subsequently choose makro "TW4Win.Clean.Main". This makro cleans the text from all "TRADOS elements".

Guerric Leroux
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solution May 14, 2010

I solved the problem by uninstalling everything, installing a newer Trados in trial edition, and using the macro "tw...Clean main" inside Word.

That might have worked without the two hours of repetitive setup/reboot...but I did not know the trick at that time.icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem cleaning up Word files.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search