Thread poster: Lucia Vargas

Lucia Vargas  Identity Verified
Tunisia
Local time: 13:39
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
May 15, 2010

Hello,

I have created a TM and worked with it to translate a document in Trados Studio 2009.
Now I have the sdlxliff file with source and target text, but nothing in the TM. If I try to translate another document with that TM, eventhough there are matches, it says "no matches". If I open the TM in the editor view, it displays no TU's. It says "there are no TU's no show". Why is that? How can I solve it?

Cesar Gil
Local time: 07:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
TM "update" box should be selected May 15, 2010

Hi Lucia,
Did you select the "update" box when you were opening the document and assigning the corresponding TM? If you did not, the TM should be empty. But dont worry, nothing is lost. What you have to do is to import the Translation Units from the sdlxliff file to the TM. Go to the Translaton Memories TAB from Studio, open the translation memory, choose File/Import, choose sdlxliff file you were working on and then follow the instructions and that may be all.
Regards,
Cesar

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Did you update the TM ? May 15, 2010

Hello,

Did you update the TM after finishing the translation ?

Try to update of the TMs of the project option.

Regards,

Moh

Tunisia
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Update is checked in the configuration options for the TM May 15, 2010

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Hello,

Did you update the TM after finishing the translation ?

Try to update of the TMs of the project option.

Regards,

Moh

Yes Mohamed, thanks for the suggestion but the update of the TM is checked so I really don't know what has happened. I continue to look for a solution, help!

[Edited at 2010-05-15 23:45 GMT]

Tunisia
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Solved: imported contents of sdlxliff file into empty TM May 15, 2010

Just for the record, I solved the problem by importing the sdlxliff file into the empty TM. It's ok now but this situation, having an empty TM after translation is finished, should not have happened at all.

[Edited at 2010-05-15 23:59 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:39
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You most certainly used the project TM concept May 16, 2010

It would have been enough to use the batch tast "Update main translation memories" after the translation hs been done.

Tunisia
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I imported TUs to TM from sdlxliff file May 16, 2010

Cesar Gil wrote:

Hi Lucia,
Did you select the "update" box when you were opening the document and assigning the corresponding TM? If you did not, the TM should be empty. But dont worry, nothing is lost. What you have to do is to import the Translation Units from the sdlxliff file to the TM. Go to the Translaton Memories TAB from Studio, open the translation memory, choose File/Import, choose sdlxliff file you were working on and then follow the instructions and that may be all.
Regards,
Cesar

Thank you Cesar and Jerzy, precisely I did that and it's ok now. Now that you say it, I believe the update box was not selected at the beggining. I have been working with Trados Studio for a while but still need to know more about its features.
Best regards and have a nice day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM empty after translating with it in Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search