https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/171097-problem_converting_sdlx_tm_to_trados_tm.html

Problem converting SDLX TM to Trados TM
Thread poster: Verena Schmidt (X)
Verena Schmidt (X)
Verena Schmidt (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:32
English to German
+ ...
May 16, 2010

Dear colleagues,

I have to import a SDLX TM to a Trados TM. Whenever I follow the usual procedure

-> Open TM in Maintain
-> Export -> Trados / Delimited file / TMX Format

I only get the file type "file", which I can't import in Trados. This happens with all the export options mentioned above.

When I choose the export option "file list to Trados" I get the message "file mismatch" when adding several ITDs.

Does anybody know wh
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have to import a SDLX TM to a Trados TM. Whenever I follow the usual procedure

-> Open TM in Maintain
-> Export -> Trados / Delimited file / TMX Format

I only get the file type "file", which I can't import in Trados. This happens with all the export options mentioned above.

When I choose the export option "file list to Trados" I get the message "file mismatch" when adding several ITDs.

Does anybody know what the problem is? Any help appreciated!

I use SDL Trados Freelance 2007 and Windows Vista.
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You should give more details May 17, 2010

It is not clear what you mean in:
I only get the file type "file"

Describe your actions step after step.

Verena Schmidt (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Yossi, May 17, 2010

thanks for your reply. Hmm, I think I listed all the steps I followed:

-> Open TM in Maintain
-> Export -> Trados / Delimited file / TMX Format (I tried all of these export options with the same result)

During the export wizard I didn't change any of the default values (all languages, no filter to be applied, do not export segmentation rules, file format Unicode etc.).

With file type "file" I mean exactly what I said. The generated TM has an unknown f
... See more
thanks for your reply. Hmm, I think I listed all the steps I followed:

-> Open TM in Maintain
-> Export -> Trados / Delimited file / TMX Format (I tried all of these export options with the same result)

During the export wizard I didn't change any of the default values (all languages, no filter to be applied, do not export segmentation rules, file format Unicode etc.).

With file type "file" I mean exactly what I said. The generated TM has an unknown format (no txt, tmx or whatever). When clicking on "properties" of the file, it just says "file".

Consequently, WB doesn't recognize the file as a valid file for import.
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You have to add an extension to the file name May 17, 2010

txt for Trados export
tmx for TMX
csv for comma delimited

For example, for Trados export, the file name should look like:
MyExport.txt

HTH

Yossi

Verena Schmidt (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 17, 2010

now it worked! Though it seems strange to me that you have to add the extension...Anyway, thanks, Yossi!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem converting SDLX TM to Trados TM

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »