S-Tagger File Error 3110. The file could not be located.
Thread poster: Michael Ring
Michael Ring
Michael Ring  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 16, 2010

Dear colleagues,

The customer sent me MIF files, which I converted through the S-Tagger "Convert MIF" tab. The result was TTX files with an RTF extension.
I have been trying to convert through the "Convert STF" tab, but I only get segmented RTF files, and an error message: "File Error 3110. The file could not be located."

I don't know exactly what the problem is.

Many thanks in advance for your feedbac
... See more
Dear colleagues,

The customer sent me MIF files, which I converted through the S-Tagger "Convert MIF" tab. The result was TTX files with an RTF extension.
I have been trying to convert through the "Convert STF" tab, but I only get segmented RTF files, and an error message: "File Error 3110. The file could not be located."

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Michael Ring
[email protected]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 15:27
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Are you trying to the generate target files? May 16, 2010

...an error message: "File Error 3110. The file could not be located."

One of the usual problems with TagEditor use is that the user removes the source files, works on TTX files and the is not able to create target files, because the source files are missing.

They have to stay the in the same folder as ttx, otherwise the target files can not be generated - TTX is just an extract, the language-independent baggase stays in the source in needed when generating target files.

If the problem is the target RTF >> MIF files conversion, I don't know the solution. But it could have a similar cause (well, at least the error message says something like this).

Regards

PS: of course, it could also be the undefined Log file in the pretranslation / analyse /cleanup window - this has caused a lot of suffering the last 10 years among the trados users. Just click on the log file button and define the file somewhere. In my case this always happens after I have finished the project and moved the project folder (with the log file) to the "finished" subdirectory. Then the dumb interface tries to open the log file, that's been moved away and complains about it.

[Edited at 2010-05-16 16:50 GMT]

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:27
English to Polish
Locate FileFormatsRef_en.pdf file May 17, 2010

migring wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Michael Ring
[email protected]

Check File Formats Reference Guide and make sure you follow the procedure for S-Tagging MIF files.

Are there any diacritic marks in the names of the files?

Wojtek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

S-Tagger File Error 3110. The file could not be located.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »