How to import or merge TMs in SDLX?
Thread poster: Anders Jensen

Anders Jensen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 19:01
English to Danish
+ ...
May 17, 2010

I have from the customer received approx 80 SDL EDIT Documents (.itd) files and one .mdb as TM.

I can open the .itd fies in SDL EDIT 2007 SP2 (Build 7035) and apply the .mdb files from there.

But how can I merge with or import into the .mdb TM file provided by the customer, into a file .mdb files that I already have from a previous similar project?

I can find some info regarding using SDL Maintain for this, But this is as far as I can see a separate application, which I don't think I have in my version.

How to import or merge?

Anders

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:01
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You cannot maintain TMs in SDL Edit May 17, 2010

In order to maintain TMs you need the full SDLX

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:01
German to English
+ ...
SDL Edit isjust one feature of SDLX, like Word is part of Office. May 17, 2010

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

In order to maintain TMs you need the full SDLX (???)

SDL Edit is just part of SDLX. If you have it, you must have the full programme by default.

Open SDLX so that the 'dashboard' appears (make sure that the itds are closed). Click on 'Maintain', then click on 'TM' at the left to open the older TM from its location. Then, in the the same menu (TM), scroll down to 'Import' and click on 'SDLX Files and Translation Memories.'

Under 'Add', select the new TM you wish to import from its location. Simply follow the instructions after 'Next' and it should be a breeze. You will see a moving bar at the bottom as the import happens and it will tell you when the import is complete. Save the TM, close it, reopen the itd file and reopen the TM.

That way, you will have the benefit of your old updated TM without running the risk of 'messing around' with the TM that the customer has sent you. When you are 100% satisfied with your work, close your own 'working TM', then open the customer's TM and simply click on update. Good luck and keep us posted.

Chris

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:01
English to Hebrew
+ ...
It seems that he has the Lite version May 18, 2010

Textklick wrote:

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

In order to maintain TMs you need the full SDLX (???)

SDL Edit is just part of SDLX. If you have it, you must have the full programme by default.

Chris

There is a Lite version of SDL Edit, which is free and has limited functionality.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import or merge TMs in SDLX?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search