Translation memory settings issue?
Thread poster: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 22:49
Swedish to English
May 17, 2010

How do I handle this:
I have set up a Trados project from Swedish to English. The text contains a lot of computer terminology, so there are quite a few English words in the Swedish source text. Consequently the texts "1 a_alternativeID" and "1.1 a_alternativeID" are the same in both languages and have been automatically registred as separate translation units in the translation memory. So far, so good.
However, when the Swedish source text says "1.4 a_alternativeID" Trados skips "1.
... See more
How do I handle this:
I have set up a Trados project from Swedish to English. The text contains a lot of computer terminology, so there are quite a few English words in the Swedish source text. Consequently the texts "1 a_alternativeID" and "1.1 a_alternativeID" are the same in both languages and have been automatically registred as separate translation units in the translation memory. So far, so good.
However, when the Swedish source text says "1.4 a_alternativeID" Trados skips "1.", translates it as "4 a_alternativeID" and marks it as a 100% match. Is it possible to get Trados to do either of the following:
- NOT mark the translation as a 100% match, but rather some oher percentage;
or
- include the "1." and write it as ""1.4 a_alternativeID".
Thanks!

[Edited at 2010-05-17 14:01 GMT]
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:49
Swedish to English
+ ...
Tab ? May 17, 2010

One possible reason for this is that there is a segmentation character, for example a colon or tab character between the 1 and the 4 in 1.4 a_alternativeID. That would have this effect.

See TWB File / Setup / Segmentation rules

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory settings issue?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »