Imported TM in Main TM doesn't fill segments.Studio.
Thread poster: Anne LJ

Anne LJ
Local time: 00:31
Spanish to French
+ ...
May 19, 2010

Hello,

it happens a lot. I 'm working with a project. Several translaters are translating for the same customer. We exchange our tmx TM's. I import, I see (F3) that the segment already translated by an other translater is in my TM, but it doesn't fill automatically my segment.

Could you help me?

Many thanks and have a good evening

Anne

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe you are looking at the wrong TM? May 19, 2010

Hi Anne,

You mentioned you imported into your Main TM but you are working with a Project. Unless you import the TMX into your Project TM you won't see any matches. Perhaps this is the reason?

If you right click on your Project in Studio you can select Open Project Folder and in there you will find the Project TM.

Maybe this will help?

Regards

Paul

Anne LJ
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Project tm was the key... but May 19, 2010

A lot of thanks Paul. This was the problem...

But now, my project tm will have a lot of segments that do not belong to my project. In other words, the project tm won´t reflect my work. Well, if at the end of the project, I want to have an exclusive tm for my project, what shall I do? Batch tasks, "fill project tm" or "update project tm" (sorry, I'm translating from french) for example to manage an exclusive one without the other translations of my colleagues?

Have a good evening and many thanks again

Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Imported TM in Main TM doesn't fill segments.Studio.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search