Thread poster: Johanna Liljenzin

Johanna Liljenzin  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 08:23
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 19, 2010

I desperately need to export a TM from Trados Studio 2009 to TMX. However, I get the following error message:

"The given key was not present in the dictionary"

Does anyone know why this error occurs, and if there is a fix or workaround?

Kind regards,
Johanna

Direct link Reply with quote

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 07:23
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
happened to me ! May 19, 2010

Johanna Liljenzin wrote:

I desperately need to export a TM from Trados Studio 2009 to TMX. However, I get the following error message:

Kind regards,
Johanna

Hello,

I got a similar message twice ! It couldn't save the target file !

First time, I just went through all the alerts Studio gave and corrected them (tags)

Second time, I had to remove all the "foot notes" in order to be able to save the file

May be this will help with your TM...Try to see if there are tags missing or with changed order ...

Cheers !

Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved with the help of SDL May 19, 2010

Mohamed,

Thanks for your message! It always feels better to know that you're not the only one having a specific problem.

Anyway, a very helpful SDL employee contacted me earlier and helped me with my issue, so now I'm happy again.

Johanna

[Edited at 2010-05-19 22:38 GMT]

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 03:23
Spanish to German
+ ...
Please share. May 20, 2010

Hi Johanna,
if it is possible, please share what was the problem and how you fixed it.

Thanks in advance
Liselotte

Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wish I could share the know-how May 20, 2010

Liselotte,

I wish I knew what the problem was so that I could share it with you. I was asked to send the file to SDL, and they fixed it for me. I think there were some corrupt items in the TM. Whatever the problm was, a developer at SDL sorted it out for me and returned the fixed file to me.

Johanna

[Edited at 2010-05-20 08:12 GMT]

Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
German to English
+ ...
Same error in Trados 2011 when trying to "Convert to translatable format" Jan 19, 2012

Just now I was trying to create a project in Trados 2011 and on my attempt to convert a Powerpoint 2010 file to translatable format, it told me:

"The given key was not present in the dictionary".

I opened the file to make sure everything was opening correctly and it was. Then, I tried it again, but it still wasn't working. I had the idea to try the same thing in Studio and, puzzlingly, it worked.

I would really like to know what caused this error as I've not been able to find a solution and it worries me that that this might happen again (I don't plan to have 2009 and 2011 always installed side by side either; it's just lucky that I did this time). It does seem to me that Trados 2011 is not yet as stable as 2009, possibly because it is still comparatively in its infancy.

If anyone who has experienced this is reading this (including a Trados employee), I'd love your feedback/suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance!

Sarah Downing
(www.aardwolf.de)

Rodion Gubarev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:23
Member (2009)
English to Russian
+ ...
Powert Pont 2009 might be a n issue - convert to PP 2007 Jun 26, 2012

Johanna Liljenzin wrote:

Kind regards,
Johanna

Hi,

just simple trick: you can eliminate this problem by saving the source file (if you deal with Power Point) in Power Point 2007 (instead of 2009) - and run the source through the TM and it should work! At least it worked in my case.

Aoifekenn
Local time: 07:23
French to English
+ ...
Problem with footnotes Oct 15, 2014

Hi Liselotte
I had the same issue this morning (as usual when I'm chasing a deadline and time is very tight, eek!). It turned out that it was something to do with my footnotes.
I removed them from the text and copied and pasted the footnote text into a separate document and that seems to have solved the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Error exporting TM to TMX

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search