multiterm 2009 sp2 running error
Thread poster: wdsdwds
May 22, 2010

After completing installation of Trados 2009 sp2 and multiterm 2009 sp2 successfully, trados worked well, but I encountered an error when starting multiterm with the message twice "Retrievint the COM class factory for component with CLSID {.......} failed due to the following error 800736b1. And then it started well. WHY?
Multiterm extract cann't start with the message "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application". WHY?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:26
English
Contact Support May 23, 2010

Hi,

For an issue like this your best bet is to contact the SDL Support Team like this;

Use the solution finder like this;

http://talisma.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- - I get an error message during installation.
- - - I get another error message.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a (working) day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 
wdsdwds
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 23, 2010

Thanks a lot?
I'll have a try.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marcin Stankiewicz
Poland
Local time: 03:26
Polish
+ ...
Was any solution? Jun 7, 2010

I have similar problem running Multiterm 2009 SP2. Everything was fine and worked fine until last week. I don't remember if I've installed something new (maybe samsung driver for my phone) and now I see this errors:

Pobranie fabryki klasy COM dla składnika o identyfikatorze CLSID {281607F0-580D-43A4-B75E-AB028624D9D8} nie powiodło się z powodu następującego błędu: e06d7363.
-
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
-529697949

Sdl.MultiTerm.UI
-
Sdl.MultiTerm.UI.Viewer.TermViewer..ctor()






and second with only this new thing:
Sdl.MultiTerm.UI.Viewer.ScriptingHost..ctor()


I uninstalled Studio and MT, uninstalled Java as James Burden-Cooper from SDL Support asked but without any changes after new installation. I tried to remove all traces of Multiterm from C drive and a few places from registry was also cleaned. Nothing changed.


When MT is opened after those two errors I see following error messege while trying to open termbase:

-
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
-2147467259

Sdl.MultiTerm.Common
-
w Sdl.MultiTerm.Common.DataContainers.TermbaseConnector.Init()
w Sdl.MultiTerm.Common.DataContainers.TermbaseConnector..ctor()
w Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.Editor.TermbaseService.get_Connector()
w Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.Editor.Actions.TermbaseOpenAction.Execute(ITermbaseService termbaseService)





Could you please post any solution for this problem?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:26
French to Polish
+ ...
DLL mess... Jun 7, 2010

Marcin Stankiewicz wrote:

I have similar problem running Multiterm 2009 SP2. Everything was fine and worked fine until last week. I don't remember if I've installed something new (maybe samsung driver for my phone)

Trados is a jealous god....

and now I see this errors:

Pobranie fabryki klasy COM dla składnika o identyfikatorze CLSID {281607F0-580D-43A4-B75E-AB028624D9D8} nie powiodło się z powodu następującego błędu: e06d7363.

(...)

I uninstalled Studio and MT, uninstalled Java as James Burden-Cooper from SDL Support asked but without any changes

This is a .Net/COM error message, not Java.
Pray harder.

after new installation. I tried to remove all traces of Multiterm from C drive and a few places from registry was also cleaned. Nothing changed.

Few places?
AFAIK you have above 5000 classes SDL 2009 software registers.
Ask the support for the killah solution.
They have one.

Probably your .Net configuration is badly corrupt and/or you have a dll mismatch somewhere.
The .Net diagnostic may be hard and slow.
Restore from disk image backup if you have any.
Probably you have no chance 'cause the SDL guy magic uninstall/reinstall "solution" could have deleted all the valid Windows restore points you could use.
Studio and MT are simply too big to be handled correctly by Windows restore.

If you have no partition backup, try to:
1) reregister manually all the dlls related to the classes you find in the error message, sthng kinda:
%windir%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SDL\MultiTerm8 \MultiTermMtCommon\MultiTermMtCommon.dll" etc.
2) try to repair the .Net Framework.

If you spend one day with no effects, it makes no sense to continue.
Prepare the Widows reinstall, probably it will be faster.
And you'll have a clean setup.

If you go to Stuttgart, prepare a red hot iron.

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

multiterm 2009 sp2 running error

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search