Thread poster: mattiariccardi

mattiariccardi
Germany
Local time: 12:00
German to Italian
+ ...
May 22, 2010

Dear colleagues,

I got a project to translate with TagEditor (source file .xlf) and I need to send it to a proofreader who doesn't have Trados.

I tried the following workaround: convert the .ttx file in xliff with Swordfish, perform the changes, save the xliff file and then convert it back to .ttx again. However, the final .ttx wasn't ok, the code (header) was different from the original one.

Do you have an idea how I can sort this out? The best solution would be a free programm which allows the proofreader to work directly in the TradosTag document without having to convert or reconvert anything, so as not to change the code/settings.

Or do you have another idea for a workaround;-)?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards and have a nice weekend,
Mattia

[Bearbeitet am 2010-05-22 09:21 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Use Studio and the Bilingual Preview Generator May 23, 2010

Hi Mattia,

One solution would be to use SDL Trados Studio 2009 instead. Then you could create a word, or excel, document from the sdlxliff with the bilingual preview generator and the reviewer could review this.

Regards

Paul

Barbara Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
German to Portuguese
+ ...
May 23, 2010

[Edited at 2010-05-23 14:46 GMT]

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:00
English to Hebrew
+ ...
How to edit ttx files without Trados May 23, 2010

See this thread about TTXpress

http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/54346-how_to_edit_ttx_files_without_trados.html

HTH

mattiariccardi
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately Trados 2007 May 23, 2010

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Mattia,

One solution would be to use SDL Trados Studio 2009 instead. Then you could create a word, or excel, document from the sdlxliff with the bilingual preview generator and the reviewer could review this.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

unfortunately I work with Trados 2007 Freelance, didn't mention that, sorry.

Best regards,
Mattia

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
PlusToyz May 23, 2010

Have you tried to convert the ttx using PlusToyz? That is, if you are able to find a download site... Perhaps somebody out there knows where to get it now?

Antoin

mattiariccardi
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PlusToyz, etc May 23, 2010

Hi Antonín,

PlusToyz seems to be available only in the Wordfast Yahoogroup or some download sites. I'll try the Wordfast Yahoogroup first.

@ Yossi,

thanks for the link, but TTxpress seems to be interesting only if the translation is already a word file. My problem is the TTX first has to be converted into Word/XLS, reviewed and then converted from Word/XLS into TTX.

@ Jorge,

thank you! Just sent you an e-mail.

Thank you all!

I'll let you know how this ends;-)

Regards,
Mattia

[Bearbeitet am 2010-05-23 18:13 GMT]

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:00
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
PlusToyz available, but I prefer TTXpress May 23, 2010

Just contact me in jorge_payan@hotmail.com, I have both tools.

saludos

Jorge Payan

belitrix
German to Italian
+ ...
Trados package not convincing May 23, 2010

I'm perhaps forced to work with this tool by one of my best clients. But the comments I meet about it are all but not convincing. I dont want to buy the Trados package. Please help me with your arguments.

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:00
English to Hebrew
+ ...
This tool converts from TTX to RTF and backwards May 23, 2010

mattiariccardi wrote:
@ Yossi,

thanks for the link, but TTxpress seems to be interesting only if the translation is already a word file. My problem is the TTX first has to be converted into Word/XLS, reviewed and then converted from Word/XLS into TTX.

Mattia, TTXpress is a Word template that converts TTX files to RTF and then the RTF files back to TTX.

I work with it a lot. If you want, I can send you the template.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed: translation with TagEditor, proofreading without:-(

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search