Combining English language Translation memories somehow...
Thread poster: Kjersti Farrier
Kjersti Farrier
Kjersti Farrier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:04
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
May 22, 2010

Hi,
I have some clients working with English UK and others with English US. I have my own TM called General which I want to use for any job to have a good allround TM to refer to in all projects.
However it is in English US - Norwegian.
Is there some way that I can also use this in my projects which are English UK? So that I use Concordance lookup and also update it with segments from those projects?

Actually the same question goes for Multiterm bases... Any idea
... See more
Hi,
I have some clients working with English UK and others with English US. I have my own TM called General which I want to use for any job to have a good allround TM to refer to in all projects.
However it is in English US - Norwegian.
Is there some way that I can also use this in my projects which are English UK? So that I use Concordance lookup and also update it with segments from those projects?

Actually the same question goes for Multiterm bases... Any ideas?

Thank you
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:04
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Hack the text export May 22, 2010

If you can't just import (I think there is a setting in the import dialog controlling what to do with "sublanguages"), then you should open the txt or TMX export and use global search and replace to change the language codes. Include the tags, quotes etc in your search expression to make sure you won't be replacing stuff in the actual text by accident.

Say, in a TMX, replace xml:lang="EN-US" with xml:lang="EN-GB"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Combining English language Translation memories somehow...

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »