Thread poster: Scott Spellerberg

Scott Spellerberg  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:25
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 26, 2010

* Trados Studio 2009
When I run Studio, some tembases (and two of my largest, essential TBs) list the same word in both the Source and Target languages, but other termbases work correctly.

Meanwhile, back in Workbench, all termbases work fine (except I suddenly no longer update them from within Word).

I have run the SDL "fix" named LaunchStudio.bat
and the fix named RepairMTRegistration.exe

Niether affected the perfromance in either way.

So: HOW TO GET ALL TermBases to be BILINGUAL WITHIN STUDIO 2009?

Thus I have to continue using Workbench if I want to use my termbases, but as this is on a slow, old PC, I'd love to get them working as expected in Studio 2009 on my new PC. I even tried to run Workbenck (and 2007 Synergy) on the new much faster PC, but something always hangs up, which seems to be a generally complaint in other threads here.

[Edited at 2010-05-26 07:21 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old termbase ends up unilingual, not bilingual in Studio 2009

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search