Thread poster: Martin Fernandez Cufre

Martin Fernandez Cufre  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 26, 2010

Hello,

It may be a basic question but as I never really had work with a lot of numbers and tables involved, I never saw this as a real problem. The thing is... how can I configure Trados 2007 to automatically localize number formats? For example now I'm translating from Spanish to English and when using Translator's Workbench inside Word 2003, when I close a text segment and open the next one, if it is a number in a table, Trados just skips all numbers until it finds some text. I have "Numbers" ticked in the setup area involving localizations, so it shouldn't be doing this. Any ideas? (You know, it's really troubling having to change the commas and dots of every number in a large table, for example from 1.500,00 to 1,500.00)

Thanks!!

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Similar question May 27, 2010

There was a similar question on 26 February this year:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/159007-tageditor_excel_source_document_converting_english_numbers_into_french_numbers.html

liberalingua
German to Italian
+ ...
I have the same problem May 28, 2010

Hello!
I was searching a solution for this problem too, when I saw this post: were you able to solve the problem? I looked at the answer given by Istvan, but unfortunately I'm working on html files and I cannot workt it out that way (but his solution will be very useful for future projects and I will remember iticon_smile.gif ).
it would be great if someone who had the same problem eith html files and found a solution could help meicon_smile.gif
Thanks to everybody in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting numbers automatically in Trados 2007

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search