https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/172066-other_sources_to_seek_help_in_respect_of_trados_issues.html

Other sources to seek help in respect of Trados issues
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 16:32
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 30, 2010

www.proz.com is doing a wonderful job by providing the job opportunities as well as a forum to the translators to get solutions to the problems which are faced while translating with the help of sophisticated CAT tools.

Being unable to solve the problems by refering to the manual, I have no other option but to seek the help of experienced users. While many times my issues related to Trados, which I post
... See more
www.proz.com is doing a wonderful job by providing the job opportunities as well as a forum to the translators to get solutions to the problems which are faced while translating with the help of sophisticated CAT tools.

Being unable to solve the problems by refering to the manual, I have no other option but to seek the help of experienced users. While many times my issues related to Trados, which I post on proz.com are resolved, I sometimes face disappointment. I know about a Yahoo Group, which has more than 5,000 members, where we can post our Trados problems but sometimes, even this does not prove to be helpful.

Since Trados is famous as No.1 CAT tool, I guess there will be some other sources to discuss problems about it. Could you please inform me about some other prominent sources/websites/Groups/Experts who may be consulted to seek help in respect of Trados issues?

Regards,

Chopra
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:02
English
A Support contract? May 30, 2010

Hello Chopra,

In my opinion I would rate the sources, outside of a Support Contract which would be my choice if I had a business critical application, are as follows and in this order of priority.

1. ProZ
2. TW_Users
3. Translators Cafe

Other places might be to ask a question on numerous blogs that appear around the web, but the problem there is you don't really know whether the advice is good or not. For what it's worth, my opinion is that the
... See more
Hello Chopra,

In my opinion I would rate the sources, outside of a Support Contract which would be my choice if I had a business critical application, are as follows and in this order of priority.

1. ProZ
2. TW_Users
3. Translators Cafe

Other places might be to ask a question on numerous blogs that appear around the web, but the problem there is you don't really know whether the advice is good or not. For what it's worth, my opinion is that the experienced users you find in these three places generally ensure that the advice you receive is good, and for real life usability experience it is often better than we could give you with Support because these guys use the software all day every day to earn a living.

But I would still buy a Support Contract.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Other sources to seek help in respect of Trados issues

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »