Navigation in Translation Memory
Thread poster: kniffler
kniffler
Local time: 00:19
Jun 1, 2010

Hello everybody!

I would like to know if there is an option somewhere in SDL Trados Studio 2009 to switch automatically to the last entry of a translation memory.

I am in the view "translation memories" and open a translation memory. However, this always begins with the first segment. There are three options for navigation in the TM:
- go to the next page of entries ( > )
- go to the previous page of entries ( < )
- go to the first page of entries ( I< )

Unfortunately, there is no option to go to the last page of entries. Does anybody know if such an option exists? That would be really helpful, especially if you want to check that the import of your alignment has worked...

Thanks very much in advance for your help!!

Nadine

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I regularly have the same problem Jun 1, 2010

If you have time, Nadine, you could post this on the SDL ideas website.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
filter Jun 1, 2010

I agree that this would be useful and I haven't found how to do it either.

As a workaround, I sometimes create a filter "Create on >= (date)" and by entering today's date, you only get the segments created today. That way you can quickly browse through the segments to the last one.
You can also specify the time if you've done a lot of work that day!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
ideas.sdl.com undergoing maintenance Jun 1, 2010

Hello everybody,
this is just to inform you that ideas.sdl.com is currently undergoing maintenance.

I think a similar idea has already been posted there though. To add to your ideas, anytime I edit and confirm a TU, the TM jumps to segment No. 1 which is a problem if maintaining a TM with several thousands of TUs.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Ideas on TM Navigation Jun 1, 2010

Thanks Stan,

You're right. Two relevant ideas to look at when the site is available again;

http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2037 and http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2038

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Navigation in Translation Memory

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search