SDL Trados TM Server 2007
Thread poster: Gabriel Mendoza
Gabriel Mendoza
Gabriel Mendoza  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:45
Japanese to English
Jun 4, 2010

Hi, I just wanted to ask anybody out there who has experience using SDL Trados TM Server 2007. I would really appreciate an overview on how it installed and deployed in the network environment. And also I would like to know if it is offered in a software package separate from SDL Trados Studio 2007.

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 15:45
German to English
+ ...
SDL TM Server 2007 Jun 4, 2010

Gabriel Mendoza wrote:

Hi, I just wanted to ask anybody out there who has experience using SDL Trados TM Server 2007. I would really appreciate an overview on how it installed and deployed in the network environment. And also I would like to know if it is offered in a software package separate from SDL Trados Studio 2007.

Hello

this is a big question.

1. SDL TM Server is a seperate product.

2. The installation is a little bit difficult because there ist a lot of possibilities for configuration. At first you have the server itself which uses a SQL server for storing the databases and memories. The SQL server can be installed on another machine or on the same machine. For installing the TM server you need some preinstallations on the server operating system. Than you can use the TM Anywhere component for enable the internet access to the TM server. You can place the TM Anywhere component internally in your LAN an open a port to TM Anywhere or you can install it in a DMZ an configure a connection from TM Anywhere to TM server.

3. Before you install the software you should ensure, that you have the rigth hard- and software for your installation. It depends mainly on the number of parallel internal and external users, the number of translation units, ...

Normally it would be best if you use the SDL professional service for the first installing.

Regards

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados TM Server 2007

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »