Studio "Paused updating results"
Thread poster: Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:31
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2010

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been noticing a strange and annoying new behavior in Studio. When moving to a new segment, the Translation Results window displays a message saying "Paused updating results", and gives me no results, even when I know there's a match in the TM. To solve this I have to move to a different segment and then go back to the problematic segment. This happens numerous times during a translation session, which is annoying and a waste of time.

Has anybody else encountered this and possibly found a solution?


 

MarkAlexande (X)
Local time: 22:31
Me, too Jun 6, 2010

Hi Nora --

I'm having exactly the same problem. There's a switch I threw to try to keep the program from automatically inserting matches that aren't 100%. I can't find that setting anymoreicon_smile.gif It doesn't seem to be the main one on the Tools|Options menu. In any event, whichever one it is, the problem arose for me after I turned this switch off. Now, it occurs whenever the preceding unit is 100% and therefore gets dropped in automatically after I press Ctrl+T. So it seems to have something to do with that setting.

I'm a memoQ user trying out Studio 9. I'm actually quite impressed with the interface and with the highlighted fuzzy matching in the concordance. The memoQ folks adamantly seem not to want to put that fuzzy capability in, so this makes Trados quite attractive to me. It also seems to me to be noticeably faster than memoQ in registering TUs. But on the downside, its tag handling is cumbersome, speech recognition compatibility is minimal and now I'm getting this bizarre bug which is aggravating me. So I don't know which way I'm going to go at this point. But check out that switch, if you know the program better and know where to look. It might do the trick.

Mark.


 

MarkAlexande (X)
Local time: 22:31
Got it! Jun 6, 2010

...maybe, anyway. Presuming your case is the same as mine. What I did is go back to Tools|Options and then click the "+" key next to Editor to reveal the drop-down list. Then chose Automation and checked "Apply best match", to get the automation to kick in again.

When I did so, just by coincidence there were several units in a row that were auto propagated. And as the process was taking place, guess what? The translation results pane showed "Paused updating results". Then when it got to a unit that couldn't be auto propagated, it stopped normally and showed the translation results. So I would theorize that the bug is that, if that switch is turned off, the results pane will show the "Paused" message as if results were being auto propagated and then hang.

Hope that might help.

Mark.


 

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:31
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 7, 2010

Yes, that was exactly the problem. Several weeks ago I had disabled the option to apply the best match, and I just didn't make the connection, because the pausing message didn't start appearing right away.

Thanks for this. : )


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio "Paused updating results"

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search