Thread poster: Ia Dzamashvili

Ia Dzamashvili  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:00
Member (2005)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jun 6, 2010

Half of the document is translated in SDLX. half in the tag editor. I need to have it all in tag editor.

How to import SDLX piece into the tag editor? I was thinking to do something with the workbench memory and memory created in sdlx and then update the tag editor file.

is there any way to solve this?

Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:00
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Use exchange in SDLX Jun 6, 2010

Click SDLX icon, choose SDLX Exchange, and there you'll have the needed options.

Ia Dzamashvili  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:00
Member (2005)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot find SDLX exchange Aug 2, 2010

Natalie,

When I click on SDLX icon it gives me the window with language and memory options to open a file from some document.

sdlx exchange cannot be found there.

They sent me a file to translate in ttx format and probably they want it in tag editor. I cannot work in tag editor it is too time-consuming. Instead of translating, I move mouse and make clicks billions of times. Something very sadistic.

Is there any way that:
1. I open ttx file in sdlx
2. use tag editor memory in sdlx (convert somehow)
3. export/convert sdlx memory back to tag editor memory?

Thanks,

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:00
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDLX Utility and SDL Exchange Aug 3, 2010

Ia Dzamashvili wrote:
Half of the document is translated in SDLX. half in the tag editor. I need to have it all in tag editor.
How to import SDLX piece into the tag editor? I was thinking to do something with the workbench memory and memory created in sdlx and then update the tag editor file.
is there any way to solve this?
Thanks,

You have 2 possible methods:

1. Convert SDL Edit files (*.itd) to TagEditor by using SDL Exchange. You can edit/translate but target language files will be out of original format (*.itd or *.ttx)

2. Change *.itd file to TM with SDL Miantain. Import this TM to Workbench TM.

Do not forget that SDLX and Workbench/TagEditor are mostly compatible but arrangement of specific tags can be much different and you need extra time to edit.

Also remember that cleaning files in Workbench may give certain errors and you cannot get the desired target files in certain situations e.g. wrong tag setting, loss of tag codes. SDL Edit is rather stable than TagEditor in my personal experience. Use SDL Utility for this problem.

Regards,

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

import into workbench memory

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search