Mila Pruger  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:56
Member (2011)
Hebrew to Russian
+ ...
Jun 6, 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to Trados (and to Proz too). Recently I've purchased Trados 2009 suite, knowing that it includes also Trados 2007. Meanwhile I've started using the 2007 version, since this is what my clients are asking to use. However, I realized that Multiterm is not included in the 2007 suite.

So, 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to use Multiterm 2009 with Trados 2007?
2. If not, can I purchase Multiterm 2007 alone? I do not seem to find the relevant page on their wesite.

Thank you in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Kjersti Farrier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:56
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Not too familiar with MultiTerm in 2007, however... Jun 6, 2010

... why don't you just use 2009 anyway? I have never learned 2007 and as yourself bought Studio 2009 straight away. I think 2009 is brilliant and so is the functionality of MultiTerm in 2009 (appart from a few glitches like Multiterm being case sensitive...one day I will get around to popping the question how to fix this...)

I have customers who use Trados 2007 only, but this is fine, either the customer sends me the legacy files (.ttx) or I create them myself using Trados 2007, and then opening them in Studio 2009 in either instance - it works just fine, with the added functionality of 2009. Worth considering, I would say

Traduloc
Spain
Local time: 18:56
English to Spanish
I believe Jun 6, 2010

I believe that there is a plugin you can download from Trados page that lets you use Multiterm 2009 in 2007 version without the fuss of converting your files.

I hope this helps.
Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007/2009 and multiterm compatibility

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search