(5): Access denied (Trados 2007 Freelance)
Thread poster: Nina Khmielnitzky

Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:26
Member (2004)
English to French
Jun 6, 2010

I get this message now whenever I want to clean up files in .rtf. It was ok before, now it doesn't work. I'm getting fed up with trados not giving explanation and not working. Has anyone got this error message before and how do you fix it?

Thanks

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:26
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
File is in use? Jun 6, 2010

The file to be cleaned up should be closed. If you are working under Word, word.exe may be running despite you closed Word itself. You can check with Ctrl+Alt+Del > under Processes check for winword.exe and close it if it is there.

Canada
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It was closed Jun 6, 2010

Hi Natalie,
Yes, the file was closed. I checked on the SDL website, and this is what I found:

Troubleshooting error message "(5): Access is Denied (drive\path\)

Symptoms
While trying to analyze, pretranslate or clean a file in SDL Trados Translator's Workbench, the following error message is displayed:

No analysis, pretranslation or cleanup will be performed.
Explanation
This error indicates that the log file and the path to the log file are incorrect in SDL Trados Translator's Workbench. This can happen if:

The location of this file has become inaccessible for any reason.
The option, Use same log file for all TMs may have been selected. This option is located on the Tools tab in the Translation Memory Options dialog box. This dialog box can be accessed by selecting Options > Translation Memory Options from the menu bar.
Resolution
To fix this problem, enter a new log file path and log file to a location where the program can access it:

Select Tools > Analyse from the menu bar in SDL Trados Translator's Workbench. The Analyse Files dialog box is displayed.
Click the down arrow next to the Log File button and select Browse from the shortcut menu that is displayed. The Select Log File dialog box is displayed.
Navigate to the new location where you want to save the log file. Enter the name of the new log file and click Save.

I tried their solution and it does not work. So I have to clean my files with Jive Fusion, which is compatible, but I cannot update the MT because Fusion is used by my in-house employer, so I just clean the files without updating the MT.

Canada
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I'll switch to Fusion Jun 7, 2010

SDL being unhelpful, I'll just transfer everything to Jive Fusion. It's compatible, and they offer good customer service.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Jive Fusion.. Jun 7, 2010

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

SDL being unhelpful, I'll just transfer everything to Jive Fusion. It's compatible, and they offer good customer service.

How much it costs?
Just for info...

Cheers
GG

Canada
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Less than Trados Jun 7, 2010

It's about half the price of what I paid for Trados!
You can ask for a quote at http://www.jivefusiontech.com/

Nina

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

It's about half the price of what I paid for Trados!
You can ask for a quote at http://www.jivefusiontech.com/

I can't have/use all the tools in the universe but it's good to know iticon_smile.gif

PS.
AFAIK all except Transit costs less than Trados...

Cheers
GG

Lynnette Addis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Getting the same error message "(5): Access is denied" Aug 8, 2011

Dear fellow translators,
I have only just started using this program and have had many, many problems setting it up. I have finally got Word and Trados to communicate with each other and immediately come up against another brick wall. Does anyone actually know the solution to this? All I am trying to do is save the translation of the first sentence of the text, so I can go on to translate more sentences... I don't even have any memory yet since I literally just started!
It's nice for other people that they are able to just switch to another program because one is giving problems but the fact remains that many clients require the use of Trados.
Please can somebody help?
Lynnette

jcarota
Local time: 05:26
Resolution Option Jul 31, 2013

I just had this issue and it seemed the file was a Read Only. I unchecked the Read Only box and recleaned the file and it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(5): Access denied (Trados 2007 Freelance)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search