Studio 2009: Autosuggest suddenly not working
Thread poster: Angela Dickson

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:33
French to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2010

I'm working on a single-file project in Studio, and the Autosuggest function isn't working. I am working with a termbase but it has very few entries so it's hard to tell whether term recognition is working - and in any case, I have run the "launchstudio.bat" file that is sometimes needed in order to help term recognition work in Studio 2009.

As far as I recall, Autosuggest was working yesterday, in a different project. I don't think I've done anything radical to my system since then. I have a large-ish Autosuggest dictionary which I created out of my biggest translation memory, and as far as I can see it is properly activated and should be giving me suggestions as I type.

This is SDL Trados Studio SP2 - 9.1.1264.0 running in Windows Vista Business.

Any more troubleshooting ideas?

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:33
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved, but cause not found Jun 9, 2010

Having tried various things without success, I finally recreated the AutoSuggest dictionary using my main TM, and all seems to be working now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Autosuggest suddenly not working

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search