Studio 2009: Autosuggest suddenly not working
Thread poster: Angela Dickson

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:58
French to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2010

I'm working on a single-file project in Studio, and the Autosuggest function isn't working. I am working with a termbase but it has very few entries so it's hard to tell whether term recognition is working - and in any case, I have run the "launchstudio.bat" file that is sometimes needed in order to help term recognition work in Studio 2009.

As far as I recall, Autosuggest was working yesterday, in a different project. I don't think I've done anything radical to my system since then. I have a large-ish Autosuggest dictionary which I created out of my biggest translation memory, and as far as I can see it is properly activated and should be giving me suggestions as I type.

This is SDL Trados Studio SP2 - 9.1.1264.0 running in Windows Vista Business.

Any more troubleshooting ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:58
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved, but cause not found Jun 9, 2010

Having tried various things without success, I finally recreated the AutoSuggest dictionary using my main TM, and all seems to be working now.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Autosuggest suddenly not working

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search