Thread poster: James Chan
James Chan
James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:53
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 9, 2010

Hi,

I recently re-installed my Trados Studio 2009. During setup procedure, I added one of Chinese language variants (Taiwan) to the language resource list. According to the instruction, all other Chinese variants will also be added too. But it was not the case. After I finished installing, I tried to create a project. When I was prompted to choose language, I could find the variant of Chinese (Taiwan), but I just could not find the variant for Chinese (PRC). My operating system is W
... See more
Hi,

I recently re-installed my Trados Studio 2009. During setup procedure, I added one of Chinese language variants (Taiwan) to the language resource list. According to the instruction, all other Chinese variants will also be added too. But it was not the case. After I finished installing, I tried to create a project. When I was prompted to choose language, I could find the variant of Chinese (Taiwan), but I just could not find the variant for Chinese (PRC). My operating system is Windows 7 Chinese (Taiwan). Before I re-installed Studio 2009, I already created some translation memories with Chinese (Taiwan) being target language.

Can someone help?
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:53
French to Polish
+ ...
Error in the documentation... Jun 9, 2010

James Chan wrote:

I recently re-installed my Trados Studio 2009. During setup procedure, I added one of Chinese language variants (Taiwan) to the language resource list. According to the instruction, all other Chinese variants will also be added too. But it was not the case.

The Chinese is an exception and two variants shoud be selected (one for Simplified and one for one, e.g. PRC and Taiwan).

After I finished installing, I tried to create a project. When I was prompted to choose language, I could find the variant of Chinese (Taiwan), but I just could not find the variant for Chinese (PRC). My operating system is Windows 7 Chinese (Taiwan). Before I re-installed Studio 2009, I already created some translation memories with Chinese (Taiwan) being target language.

AFAIK you shoud reinstall Studio.
For a moment, I'm not aware of any "human" solution as for Trados 2007 and earlier.

Cheers
GG

James Chan
James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:53
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 10, 2010

Hi, Grzegorz,

You are correct. I wonder why SDL Trados makes this an exception. It is not like that in SDL Trados 2007.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

One of Langugae Variants Missing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »