How can I add a fifth source language subsequently after the setup?
Thread poster: Carsten Behrend

Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:22
English to German
+ ...
Jun 10, 2010

Liebe Kollegen,

ich habe in meinem SDL Trados Studio SP2 9.1.1264.0 die Einstellung so vorgenommen, dass bei jedem Programm-Start automatisch auf Updates geprüft wird. Als vor kurzem so ein Update nötig war, musste ich im Anschluss noch einmal den Setup-Durchgang durchlaufen und meine 5 Ausgangssprachen auswählen. Dabei ist mir eine meiner Arbeitssprachen durchgeflutscht und ich merke jetzt erst meinen Fehler.

Meine Frage lautet: Wie kann ich jetzt noch nachträglich erreichen, dass ich eine fünfte Ausgangssprache hinzufüge?

Carsten

Dear collegueas,

I set my SDL Trados Studio SP2 9.1.1264.0 in a way to automatically check for updates on every programm start. It was only recently that such an update proved to be necessary. Afterwards, I had to go through the setup process and select five source languages. Somehow, one of my source languages disappeared and it is only now that I realize the blunder.

The question is: How can I add a fifth source language subsequently after the setup?

[Edited at 2010-06-10 14:40 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
No way, I'm afraid Jun 10, 2010

Hi Carsten,
sorry for replying in English, as this is the language of this forum.

I'm afraid there's no other chance but to reinstall Studio.

Well, Grzegorz published a list of Trados 2007 language codes to tweak the registry, but I'm not sure whether the same language codes are valid for Studio as well.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Tweaking the registry in Studio... Jun 10, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

sorry for replying in English, as this is the language of this forum.

I'm afraid there's no other chance but to reinstall Studio.

Well, Grzegorz published a list of Trados 2007 language codes to tweak the registry, but I'm not sure whether the same language codes are valid for Studio as well.

AFAIK Studio uses a different method.
It will be harder to track, I suppose (probably the method is similar, i.e. a fake class is stored somewhere in the registry but the number of classes Studio registers is very big, approx. 5000 AFAIK...).
It the method is comparable (usually, the programmers are lazy, so I assume it is...), the language codes will be probably the same.

PS.
As I use a Pro version, I'll really need some free time to analyze it...

Cheers
GG

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
Tweak the registry fail Jun 11, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Oh you mean the glorious idea changing the language registry key and destroy the Translators Workbench on my machine? This tweak sounds nice but was a big failure for me.

Better take around 10 minutes and reinstall the software.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
No need to be agressive Jun 11, 2010

Optiproz Prime wrote:

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Oh you mean the glorious idea changing the language registry key and destroy the Translators Workbench on my machine? This tweak sounds nice but was a big failure for me.

Hi Optiproz,
I tried it with my Freelance license (have one Pro as well) and it worked like a charm. There must have been a failure somewhere en route between the keyboard and the chair.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Real men don't backup... Jun 11, 2010

Optiproz Prime wrote:

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Well.
It's obious the dealing with the registry needs some precautions.
And, as the admins say, real men don't backup.

The registry tweak is just one minute.
If the Trados reinstall may be avoided, it should be avoided.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-06-11 13:40 GMT]

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
:D Jun 11, 2010

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:
And, as the admins say, real man don't backup.

Amen!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I add a fifth source language subsequently after the setup?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search