Thread poster: Eleni Makantani

Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 00:19
English to Greek
+ ...
Jun 11, 2010

Hello,

I am working with a Word document and a Trados 2007 TM. As I pass on to some segments, instead of opening the next segment, I get the symbol -{}- in the phrase. Trados WB indicates "Searching..." on its bottom-right corner. When I try to do something, like try to open the segment again, I get the message "Previous request not yet finished" on the bottom-left corner of WB. And I have to shut it down and start it again to move on, translate the -{}- segment without Trados and pray that it will work right at the next segment.

Has anyone else come across this situation and, if yes, how did you deal with it?

Thank you,
E.

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:19
French to Polish
+ ...
Curly brackets error Jun 11, 2010

Eleni Makantani wrote:

I am working with a Word document and a Trados 2007 TM. As I pass on to some segments, instead of opening the next segment, I get the symbol -{}- in the phrase. Trados WB indicates "Searching..." on its bottom-right corner. When I try to do something, like try to open the segment again, I get the message "Previous request not yet finished" on the bottom-left corner of WB. And I have to shut it down and start it again to move on, translate the -{}- segment without Trados and pray that it will work right at the next segment.

Has anyone else come across this situation and, if yes, how did you deal with it?

This issue was commented several times.
Just google for "Trados curly brackets"

Cheers
GG

Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 00:19
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
- Jun 11, 2010

Thank you very much!

Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:19
German to English
Earlier discussions Jun 11, 2010

I've had the same annoying problem.
Try looking here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/171437-runtime_error_previous_request_not_yet_finished.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/146453-trados_inserts_{}_in_stead_of_opening_closing_segment.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Previous request not yet finished"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search