problems with keypad while using trados 2007
Thread poster: Tamara Fantinato

Tamara Fantinato
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 13, 2010

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has faced the same problem I'm facing with my trados.

I've got windows 2007 and trados studio 2009.
While I use tag editor or trados 2007 with a word file, sometimes it happens that I push a key on my keyboard but on my file it appears another character.

For example:

if I push the closed brackets and on my file it appear the =

Is there anyone knowing if it's a compatibility problem or something else?

thanks a lot

tamara

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:36
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Different languages Jun 14, 2010

One possible reason is that your keyboard might be configured for different languages. (In Win XP, see Control Panel / Regional and Language Options / Languages / Details and Key Settings).

My keyboard is set up to handle either English or Swedish characters. When Swedish, I get exactly what you are getting = instead of )

This is of course not an error, but exactly what I want to happen when I am typing in Swedish. I can switch between English and Swedish keyboard by the combination of keys defined in Key Settings. It may be that you are accidentally pressing the key combination.

The same happens in other languages. It has nothing to do with Trados.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems with keypad while using trados 2007

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search