Is it a good idea to combine Alchemy Publisher 3.0 with SDL Trados 2007?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 13, 2010

I just saw this special promotion for Proz members:

http://www.alchemysoftware.com/proz/index_proz.html

Alchemy Publisher 3.0 for €249 for Proz members (normal price €749)!

It sounds terrific, to use one translation tool for all formats. And being able to use Trados TMW files also.

Does it work the other way around, can I translate any file format (website, pdf, software etc.) with Alchemy Publisher 3.0 and then save/export it as a Trados TM? I would need that as many customers require that I use SDL Trados.

What would the main advantages be to use a combination of Alchemy Publisher 3.0 and SDL Trados 2007 (or SDL Studio 2009)?

Wouldn't it be that if the customer sends a translation project in a "difficult" file format to me (pdf with a lot of tables and images) and require that I translate everything with SDL Trados 2007 (or Studio 2009) and return the SDL Trados TM to them, then I can translate with Alchemy Publisher 3.0 and then save/export it as Trados TM? In this case, would the formatting, tables etc. in the translated documents be exactly the same as in the original documents when I finally save/export as Trados TM? The key point would be that I could translate directly in the pdf:s and tables with Alchemy Publisher 3.0 without having to convert to another file format and then directly save/export as Trados TM.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search